Lloyds Banking Group Early Talent Solution
This highly efficient process was implemented to build a workforce reflective of the communities that Lloyds Banking Group serve.
The vision for the assessment and selection strategy was straightforward, yet genuinely ambitious – to combine the best possible candidate experience with fantastic predictive validity, and in doing so creating a truly level playing field for all. The key success measurements included improved diversity, predictive validity, candidate experience, and process efficiency.
An in-depth analysis was conducted with Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) to identify the core strengths required to be successful at the bank through a series of interviews, focus groups and quantitative surveys. In terms of attraction an innovative on-campus and digital game was developed. Using the core strengths, five ‘tribes’ were identified, each representing a job family or career path to which each of the 14 programmes were mapped.
LBG introduced a multi-assessment approach combining behavioral, cognitive, and technical elements into a single test completed in a single 90-minutes. Candidates are immediately informed if they are successful and progress straight to the asynchronous Strengths-based Interview and finally an Assessment Centre. The frontloading of the tests at the start of the process enables better all-round candidate potential rather than conducting arbitrary screen-outs based on single elements of the testing.
- 100% of candidates reported that LBG's recruitment process stood out as innovative due to the Strengths-based approach
- 94% of candidates had a more positive impression of LBG as a result of the Strengths-based Assessment Centre
- Candidates complete all stages of the process from application up to Assessment Centre within 90 minutes
- Pass rates at Assessment Centre has improved from 30% to 52%
Diversity hiring statistics have improved significantly:
- 45% of Graduate offers and 48% of Intern offers made to female candidates
- 34% of Graduate offers and 40% of Intern offers made to ethnic minority candidates
- 4% of Graduate offers and 4% Intern offers made to persons with a disability
Winners of UK awards:
- Best Diversity and Inclusion Strategy – AGR Student Recruitment Awards, 2017
- Best Graduate Recruitment Strategy – Recruiter Awards, 2017
Shortlisted for UK awards:
- Best Diversity Strategy – Target Jobs National Graduate Recruitment Awards, 2017
- Best Diversity and Inclusion Strategy – FIRM Awards, 2017