Capp is planning to recruit a small initial team of 2-3 people for the Australian market. This team will be joined by an existing Capp Client Success Manager who relocates from the UK, to bring Capp client experience and company culture to the new Australia team.
The Australian team will be predominantly focused on business development and client success management to support rapid business growth and expansion. We have a Head of Client Success – Australia starting in role from Sept 2018.
The intention is that the Capp location for Australia will be Sydney, but with travel anticipated along the eastern seaboard. In time, there may also be the opportunity for travel to support client opportunities in SE Asia (esp. Singapore).
Capp has a number of global clients with Australian operations. To date, these have not been practical to serve from the UK but are anticipated to provide warm introductions for the local Capp Australian team, once in place.
The Business Development roles will be responsible for developing and delivering Capp’s go-to-market strategy for the Australian market, including working with the Capp global leadership team to identify target sectors, products, market offers and clients as appropriate.
The Business Development team will be responsible for establishing Capp’s market presence in Australia from the ground up, through making best use of established client relationships and networks, events and conferences, and PR and marketing support as appropriate.
Capp has clear ambitions for the Australian market, which will be developed and refined in partnership with the local team:
- Develop and deliver a winning Australia market-entry strategy to position Capp as the leading assessment provider in Australia by reference to client testimonials, business results and candidate experience
- Demonstrate significant innovation in assessment, development and transformation through deploying Capp’s unique IP, insight and experience from our global client base into the Australian market
- Build a client pipeline of 20+ meaningful clients throughout 2019
Key responsibilities and challenges for the Business Development role include:
- A desire to build a company brand and reputation from local market start-up through to sustainability for the long-term, respected and revered throughout the market.
- Evangelize and advocate for innovative new solutions that deliver better outcomes for clients, candidates and employees.
- Drive to create a positive and lasting legacy through solutions that deliver better client results and candidate outcomes, enabling a positive difference for everyone.
- A sensitive listener to client needs, being able to identify the core of any client problem and recommend the best solution for the client.
- Opportunity spotter who can see how to craft and deliver a solution that will meet a client’s needs, delivering client delight.
- Love to create new business opportunities from the ground up, through industry presentations, sales seminars, networking events and lead follow-up.
- Ability to lead and coordinate a team to deliver client success across multiple client projects and locations.
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude and will take the initiative, embrace responsibility and get things done.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building a world-class business in client delivery and assessment outcomes, through:
- Appreciation of the market landscape across assessment and recruitment in terms of buyer needs, the strengths and weaknesses of key market players, and the innovation needs and opportunities of the market.
- Extensive professional network across clients, buyers, stakeholders and thought leaders in the human capital market.
- Understanding of technology solutions and an appreciation of the state of the art/science in relation to using technology, data, AI and machine learning in recruitment, assessment and human capital.
- Track record of building deep and lasting relationships as a trusted advisor at senior levels in enterprise organisations – with Head of, Director, VP, C-suite customers.
- Proven capability in commercial deal negotiation that delivers win-win outcomes for clients and providers.
- Ability to identify, nurture, develop and close new business deals from $50k - $500k+.
- Passion for working within a diverse, energetic and dynamic environment. Leadership skills and communication skills consistent with a proven track record as a trusted, respected client partner establishing and driving the future business relationships of the company.
- Demonstrated record of professional experience in innovation and invention, with a reputation for delivering unique and differentiating solutions to complex client problems.
Personal Attributes and Cultural Fit
- Able to influence and motivate
- A self-starter who thrives on a challenge
- Be growth-oriented and metric/measurement driven
- Customer-driven, always keen to think of ways to improve end-user experience – Voice of the Customer
- Able to influence and motivate
- Collaborative – will contribute to broader business and strategic discussions and will also seek others’ opinion
- Able to rapidly gain credibility at all levels of the company and with customers
- Pragmatic with an eye on the future
- Entrepreneurial or used to operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Will live the Capp values and demonstrate the Capp A-Gamer culture and behaviours
The Capp A-Gamer
The successful candidate will also embody the Capp A-Gamer culture and behaviours:
- I start with yes
- I get it done
- I learn something new every day
- I am the person you want on your team
Strengthen – We leave you stronger
Innovate – We think differently
Data-led – We are data-led in our evidence and decisions
Enable– We enable our clients to achieve
Succeed– We are focused on success
Capp supports a culture that values Humility, Authenticity, Fairness and Transparency
Location – Australia
Likely to be Sydney or Melbourne, with regular travel along the eastern seaboard.
Expressions of Interest
To express your interest in any of these roles, please send your resume and covering letter to Michelle Britton, Executive Assistant at email@example.com
We are pleased to arrange informal discussions as appropriate.